While the curiosity about becoming a new parent definitely takes some time to get settle, the only thing you about which you don’t have to worry are the loaded hospitalization expenses if you have opted for maternity cover. There are numerous of factors that need to be considered after conceiving to ensure healthy and safe pregnancy, one cannot avoid the cost involved. With renowned hospitals spreading their web, the cost of a normal delivery when clubbed with other charges range anywhere between Rs.50,000 to 2 Lakh. The shocking figures give a suggestion of proper plan about expenses. Hence, a health insurance for pregnancy is the best way to tackle these costs.
Different features of Maternity Health Insurance plans:
- Flexible to choose the sum insured:
One can select the amount insured that they want to get as maternity expenses, at the right time, at the point of buying a health insurance policy.
As per section 80D of Income Tax Act, 1961, you can leverage the tax benefit on Maternity health insurance related policies.
- Cashless facility:
Many insurance plans of reputed insurance companies offer the cashless facility at their approachable authorized hospitals.
- Pre and post natal care of the new born:
The insurance policies not only cover the mother, but financially protect the newly born, in case the child is detected with some serious illness.
- Claim-free bonus:
Avail the benefit of discount on the policy for the next year, in case you do not have raise claims in a policy year.
- Hospitalization coverage:
Get pre and post natal hospitalization expenditures for a particular span of time, as mentioned in the maternity health insurance policy.
Various benefits of Maternity Health Insurance Plans:
An outstanding and effective health insurance plan covers the following benefits:
- Outpatient services like doctor’s consultation fees, medicines, hospital room rent, and treatments like screenings, gestational diabetes, lab studies etc…
- Inpatient services like pre and post hospitalization, doctor fees etc.
- Pre- and post natal care of new born.
- Domiciliary hospitalization
- Emergency Ambulance Services
- Discount on Renewal premium
- Organ donor cover
- International coverage
- Complimentary health coverage
- Daily hospital allowance
- Room charge
- ICU charge
- Cashless facility at network hospitals
- Tax benefit
- Discount on Premium
- Reward program on premium paid
- Emergency medical evacuation
Eligibility criteria for Maternity Health Insurance:
Different maternity health insurance companies have different eligibility criteria for health insurance. Any individual who fulfil the eligibility criteria of the insurance companies can choose a maternity plan of the same company. The benefits of the insurance is payable after the completion of the overall waiting period.
What is the maternity insurance claim process?
Submit the complete claim form that is provided to you by your hospital at the time of hospitalization.
The authorities from the hospital will send the claim form along with your doctor’s report attached to the insurance company selected by you.
The claim experts may ask for questions, which the hospital or you have to answer yourself. If the claim is approved, the company will directly pay to the hospital.
Reimbursement of claim:
Submit the claim form along with the bills and receipts given by the hospital to the insurance company.
The claim expert may rise the questions which you have to answer.
If the claim is approved, the company will reimburse the eligible amount.
What are the documents required to claim settlement with maternity insurance companies?
Here is a list of documents that are mandatory for claim settlement:
- Original pregnancy health insurance policy documents
- Cashless health card
- Proof of the pregnancy
- KYC Documents
Conclusion of Maternity health insurance?
- During the ancient time, people hardly have to pay any amount for the delivery. This is due to the reason there were mid-wives, they come to the home of the mother and help her in delivery. In return people give presents and sweets to the mid-wives. But with education and modernization no one wants to take the risks and rather prefer going to hospital for the delivery.
As a responsible parent this is your duty also. But, with the advancement of technology, the medical costs are soaring high. Thus, one must be prepared for every type of expected and un-expected expenses. And just for this reason one must get maternity health insurance policy.